MICHAEL L. CASTELLI
Executive Leader, Professional Coach, Business Development
Michael Castelli has served in many roles throughout his nearly four decades of experience within the specialty retailing & B2B industry beginning in 1981. His experience embodies multiple roles from customer facing responsibilities through senior leadership roles. In his most recent positions with Prime Communications Michael has led retail sales, retail operations, business development, acquisition & B2B initiatives. Michael currently serves as a Special Advisor to the CEO and President of Prime Communications. In January 2020 Michael launched “Castelli Consulting”. Castelli Consulting specializes in assisting small business owners & early stage growth companies deliver greater sales & profits, sales training & development and motivational speaking.
Michael also served as Vice President of Strategic Corporate Development & Partnerships for Cooper General Global Services. His primary responsibility was to drive responsible & profitable revenue growth for Cooper General Global Services through the enhancement of current business partnerships, identifying & developing new business partnerships, as well as, recommending new corporate growth channels.
Understanding issues and uncovering the “root cause” of problems while developing practical solutions is Michael’s specialty. His many years of industry experience has engrained in him the necessity to always deliver on tactical initiatives while never losing sight of the strategic objectives of the Company.
From 1981 through 2006 Michael worked for RadioShack Corporation and held many different positions. It was here that he developed a passion for developing leaders. Prior to moving on from RadioShack, Michael Castelli served as Division Vice President of the Eastern Division. His territory included over 1,600 stores encompassing the entire East Coast, as well as, the Caribbean with revenues in excess of 1.6 billion dollars. Michael’s primary responsibility was to maximize the performance of his territory by executing the Company’s strategy through the continuous development of his leadership team. In this position Michael Castelli had complete P&L responsibility for his territory. He attained results by placing an intense focus on customer service and retention initiatives, sales training and development initiatives, recruiting initiatives, sales execution initiatives, maximizing gross margins and finally, minimizing expenses without sacrificing quality customer service.
Embracing, as well as, understanding all parts of the business provided Michael with a unique perspective on the retailing and B2B industry. Michael developed the remarkable ability to analyze issues and develop viable, real-world solutions while uncovering the root-cause of each business obstacle. During his nearly four decades of retail experience, Michael Castelli has received numerous awards and recognition for outstanding sales, profits and customer service. Michael Castelli also served as a Board Member for the Texas Arlington Women’s Shelter for FY’s 2003 and 2004.
In 1987, Michael earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Management from Polytechnic University in Brooklyn, New York. Michael is also certified through the Federal Aviation Administration in both Airframe and Powerplant maintenance. Michael currently resides in Dublin, Ohio with his wife of 33 years, Laura. They have two children, Nick (30) and Samantha Rose (25).
Sales & Operations executive
|Progressive performance history highlighted by exemplary revenue growth and profit excellence, turnaround of underperforming markets, market share growth and leadership development.
Dynamic, multi-disciplined executive with extensive experience leading multi-unit regions with over 1,600 locations and annual sales of $1.6B; particular expertise within wireless & specialty retail sectors.
Goal-focused leader in ambiguous environments; exceptional strategic planning, tactical execution and enterprise troubleshooting talents.
- Supervised and coordinated numerous major acquisitions and onboarding activities for National Wireless Retailer; piloted Northeast and Midwest market entry, leading organic growth, acquisition initiatives, operation initiatives, procedures and policy development.
- Drove 350% increase in quantity of retail locations, primarily overseeing Northeast and Midwest expansion through the cultivation of strategic partnerships and business relationships.
- Developed and coordinated the launch of a National B2B Sales Channel.
- Consistently exceed EBIT goals as sales and operations executive, earning 200% performance bonuses over 4 consecutive years. (2014-2017)
- Captured National #1 ranking for sales and profit performance at multi-billion-dollar specialty retail chain for 3 out of 5 years as Divisional Vice President, and for 2 out of 3 years as Regional Director.
- Designed, developed and orchestrated the deployment of national inventory control process, improving efficiencies at over 4,500 retail units nationwide.
- Published author (Think Excellence; Twenty guiding principles for “multi-door” sales management leaders), motivational speaker, and winner of multiple national performance awards.
- Launched Castelli Consulting, LLC – January 2020; Small business consulting, career coaching & motivational speaking
Bachelor of Science, Information Management, Polytechnic Institute of New York University
Strategic Planning and Management in Retailing, Babson Executive Education
Executive Assessment, Personnel Decisions International
Certificate in Airframe and Power Plant Maintenance, Federal Aviation Administration
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Columbus, OH • email@example.com • (832) 757-1648